DRAWING CONCLUSIONS: 5TH GRADE CHILD
1. What comes to mind when you think about God?
I believe in God. I think of my Father in the sky. He’s big and powerful. He’s loving and helpful.
2. What comes to mind when you think about Satan?
He’s a little puny speck. He tempts me. He might look kind of like a ghost. He was an angel. He was jealous of God’s powers. He tempts people good enough that they’re tricked and they start doing bad stuff. This makes God very upset.
3. What comes to mind when you think about Heaven?
It’s a big place that’s golden and silver and just clouds. It’ll just be our souls traveling around, not like earth. I’d really want to go see my great-grandfather. If I could, I would look down on earth. Later on, when the earth is gone, I really don’t know what we’ll do all day. But I think it will be fun.
4. What comes to mind when you think about Hell?
A big red cloud. Just nothing to do there. People there should have been good and not sinned on earth. [Eventually] they won’t have souls to keep them alive. They won’t exist anymore.
5. What comes to mind when you think about Jesus?
He is a real person. He saved us when he died. I really like when he turned the water into wine, because it shows how powerful he is. [Nothing jumps out about what he taught]. He was resurrected from the dead. He’s probably right now looking down on earth. He keeps me from sinning and hears my prayers. I think he looks like God. As a person on earth, I think he looked like the pictures in the Bible that people think he was like. His skin color was peach. He had long hair and he smiles.
6. What comes to mind when you think about the Bible?
The Bible is a book that God has written and He guides us through troubles. I like to read it. He wrote it to direct us what we’re supposed to be doing.
7. What comes to mind when you think about the purpose of life?
We were sent down here for a reason. I don’t know the reason but I wonder about it. I would guess it’s because God had a plan, so He wanted to create us.
8. Is there anything that makes it hard for you to believe these things?
9. What’s your favorite story in the Bible, and why?
Daniel and the lion’s den. Because Daniel prayed to God to save him from the lions and God answered his prayer. That encourages me because it keeps me going through rough times. It helps me remember God hears my prayers too.
10. What’s your favorite verse in the Bible?
11. Is there anything your church could do that would help you learn better?
Have a kid’s study meeting, like on Wednesday. It would be like, activities for the children, and then a teacher would read them a Bible story. Usually the crafts help me learn because it symbolizes stuff.
12. If you were to stand before God today, how would you feel about meeting Him?
Nervous, because you’ve been waiting your whole life to meet Him and you don’t know what He looks like. It’s like your friend talking about one of his friends that you’ve never seen and someday you’ll meet him. I’d feel excited too.
13. If God asked you, “Why should I let you in Heaven?” what would you say?
Because He said that whoever believes in His Son will stay with Him. That’s what makes the difference. If Jesus never came, we wouldn’t be with God.
14. If you could volunteer to serve anyone in the world who needed help, what group of people would you choose, and why?
The elderly, because usually most people don’t want to help them.
15. As you think about the person you might get married to in the future, what are five qualities you want them to have?
- Good with neighbors.
- A pet-lover.
- Good with kids.
- Being polite.
- Good with chores.
16. If you could ask 1,000 Christians one question, what would it be?
“Why did you become a Christian?” Because most people don’t believe in God and Jesus, and sometimes it’s hard to become a Christian.
17. If you could ask 1,000 people who are not Christians one question, what would it be?
“Can you come to church with me?”
18. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
“Can my whole family come up to Heaven with me?”
Subscribe to the blog and receive notifications for each post via email.