DRAWING CONCLUSIONS: AGNOSTIC INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FROM CHINA
2. If there is a God, what comes to mind when you think about him?
God is not a material thing that you can see, so I don’t know if God exists. But I would imagine there would be one God. He would be loving and accepting, wise and powerful. Someone who can help you to do the right thing, be kind and generous. People just think about themselves, so God can help us to care more about other people. He might not be involved in our daily lives, but maybe he can give you direction.
3. What comes to mind when you think about Heaven?
I don’t know if Heaven really exists. I would imagine another world. A place that people do not have worries. People care about each other. They do not need to care about wealth, but they live a very happy life. It would be enjoyable place.
4. What comes to mind when you think about Hell?
The opposite of heaven. People who are selfish. People who hurt other people maybe will go to Hell. I don’t know if Hell exists since I haven’t been there. I would imagine a physical place that is maybe forever. I picture prison. It’s dark. People there complain and they are angry.
5. What comes to mind when you think about the purpose of life?
The purpose of life is to add value to society and to the world and to your friends.
6. On a scale of 0 to 10 (0 being no confidence, and 10 being complete confidence), how would you rate the level of confidence you have that your beliefs (regarding questions 3-9) are accurate?
7. Why does an accurate understanding of these things matter?
If you know more about it, you will firmly believe it. And it can have effect on your action. But if you do not know it, it will not have an impact on your life.
8. What would you say have been the biggest obstacles in your search for truth?
Not having the background of this religion. The [Bible] stories are hard for me to understand. I think also I’m a stubborn person. I grew up in a country that people do not believe anything.
9. How would you describe the ideal setting for discovering truth?
Discussion. Communicating with each other. Tell them what do I think and also hear what they believe.
10. Hypothetically, if all your questions had answers that pointed to God as the Creator and Jesus as the Savior, what would you do about it?
I’m open minded. But, I don’t know. I would follow the direction God gives to me.
11. Is there anything you’re afraid you would have to change or give up if you were to become a Christian?
My family, they all do not believe this. If just I believe this they would think I’m crazy.
12. Hypothetically, on what basis do you believe God will or will not accept you into Heaven?
I always try my best to add some value to society. I didn’t do anything bad.
13. If you could ask 1,000 Christians one question, what would it be?
“Have you ever seen God?”
14. Would you be interested in participating in an Investigative Faith Study at your convenience?
Subscribe to the blog and receive notifications for each post via email.