Tyler Ellis has been in ministry to the college-age generation since 2001 (including his 3 years on staff with AIM).
After serving two years as an apprentice missionary in Australia and Samoa, he graduated from the Adventures In Missions (AIM) program. He then joined the staff at AIM staff while he obtained his Bachelor of Biblical Studies at Sunset International Bible Institute.
He resides with his wife and two daughters in Knoxville, TN, where he serves as a College Minister at the University of Tennessee, on staff with Laurel Church of Christ.
Tyler enjoys traveling, speaking, and blogging. His articles have been featured on popular blogs, including that of Rick Warren and Michael Hyatt. He has spoken at a number of events, including conferences held at Pepperdine University and Texas Tech University.
His first book, Question Everything: A Fresh Way to Read the Best-Selling Book of All Time, was a 2013 Readers’ Favorite Gold Medal Winner as well as an Award-Winning Finalist in The 2013 USA Best Book Awards.
This is Tyler’s personal blog, dedicated to exploring the challenges of knowing God and helping others do the same. His goal is to create helpful content that you can experiment with, whether you’re seeking to find your faith, own your faith, live your faith, or share your faith.
Tyler typically posts a couple times a month. He shares stories, tips, ideas, resources, guest posts, and even notes from people he interviews every week.
MY MOST POPULAR POSTS
Stories & Ideas
- “Why Did God Kill My Mom?”
- Answering Emails About Sex, Whores, and God’s Grace
- Why Your Friendship With God Sucks
- How To Plan A One-Day Adventure With God
- 4th-Generation Atheist Becomes A Christian After 2 Years of Weekly Investigative Studies
Reviews & Resources
- MIRACLES: What They Are, Why They Happen, And How They Can Change Your Life, by Eric Metaxas
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, by Nabeel Qureshi
- Darwin’s Doubt, by Stephen Meyer
- Take The Risk, by Ben Carson
- The Grace and Truth Paradox, by Randy Alcorn
- A Brilliant Questionnaire That Leads To a Confidence Faith (by Mark Mittelberg)
- Doug: A Mormon Professor
- Kaitlyn: A 5-Year-Old Church Kid
- Jeremy: A Jewish Rabbi
- Bud: A Pro-Life Activist
- John: A Homeless Man
- Isaiah 53
- Psalm 23
- Letting John 3:16 Sink in, One Word at a Time
- The 10 Commandments
- Revelation 21:1-7
My Guest Posts on Other Blogs
- Never Waste a Good Fiasco
- 100 Questions Away From God
- Blowing The Dust Off Familiarity
- When “Faith” Has A Bad Reputation
- Is God Personal?
Other’s Guest Posts on My Blog
- Think Hard Things, by Tad Klein
- “I Used To Feel More Spiritual,” by Jason Thornton
- Alone On A Crowded Street, by Eli Hooper
- The Heart God’s Looking For, by Gus Hernandez
- Does Your Heart Welcome Truth, by Dr. Guy Chmieleski